We thank you in advance for your online application. CLEK Staffing Services is an equal opportunity employer who welcomes resumes from applicants seeking employment. Please be advised that the on-line application process is not to be construed as the commencement of an employment relationship. Please take a moment to review CLEK Staffing Services Terms and Conditions prior to commencing your on-line application.
CLEK Staffing Services Terms and Conditions
- Any internal assessment, testing, internal orientation, submitting of resume and interviewing are not to be construed as the commencement of employment.
- The applicant must grant CLEK Staffing Services permission to send all written communication of temporary assignment details through email notifications.
- All assignments are deemed temporary and can end without notice. There are no guarantees. Length of service or assignments are considered temporary. Assignment may be terminated at any time without advance notice or pay in lieu of notice. Assignment employee will be paid in accordance with but limited to the Employment Standards Act.
- It is our policy that all assignment employees are required to notify CLEK Staffing Services of their work availability on a weekly basis (before noon on Tuesdays). We will assume that the assignment employee is no longer available and that the employment relationship with CLEK Staffing Services is no longer active if CLEK Staffing Services does not receive any updates regarding the assignment employee’s work availability status for three consecutive weeks.
Availability Policy and Procedures
It is our policy that all assignment employees are required to notify CLEK Staffing Services of their work availability on a weekly basis (before noon on Tuesdays). We will assume that the assignment employee is no longer available and that the employment relationship with CLEK Staffing Services is no longer active if CLEK Staffing Services does not receive any updates regarding the assignment employee’s work availability status for three consecutive weeks.
Vacation Pay for Assignment Employees
Assignment employees have the option to be paid on weekly basis, 4% of their total wage or have their vacation pay accrued to be paid prior to their vacation or annually.
Assignment employees will receive their weekly pay stubs to the email address they provided when applying online.
Daily Limits of Hours of Work for Assignment Employees
The maximum number of hours an assignment employee can be required to work in a day is 8 hours a day. Daily limit written agreement grants the assignment employee to work more than 8 hours but no greater than 12 hours of work per day.
Overtime Limits for Assignment Employees
Assignment employees may work over 48 and under 60 hours per week, only if they enter into an overtime agreement. The overtime can be greater than 8 hours per day and greater than 48 in a week. All hours in excess of 44 are paid at time-and-a-half as per the Employment Standards Act. I also understand that any assignment employee, including myself as well as the employer can cancel this agreement by giving reasonable notice.
Right to Refuse Unsafe Work Policy
CLEK Staffing Services accepts its responsibilities and is committed to complying with all the requirements of applicable Health and Safety legislation. To this end, we shall endeavor to ensure that management, the Health and Safety Committee, and assignment employees are knowledgeable with those sections of the applicable health and safety legislation that directly affects them.
Right to Refuse Work as per Occupational Health and Safety Act Section 43 (3)
- Any equipment, machine, device or thing he is to use or operate is likely to endanger himself, herself or another worker;
- The physical condition of the workplace or the part thereof in which he or she works or is to work is likely to endanger himself or herself; or
- Any equipment, machine, device or thing he or she is to use to operate or the physical condition of the workplace or the part thereof in which he or she works or is to work is in contravention of this ACT or the regulations and such contravention is likely to endanger himself or herself or another worker.”
CLEK Staffing Services Privacy Policies
The privacy of our clients, assignment employees, and staffing representatives is important to CLEK Staffing Services (referred to as “we” or “us” or “the service provider” in this policy) and the purpose of this policy is to inform you what personal information we collect, how we use it, what may be disclosed to others, how long we keep it, and how you can request access to your personal information or obtain more information about CLEK Staffing Services privacy policies.
Personal information means any information about you except your name, business title, business address, business e-mail address, business telephone number or business fax number. Please note: Names, addresses, and telephone numbers listed in the telephone or other directories are not considered to be personal information.
We are responsible for protecting personal information in our control. We have designated our Privacy Officer to be accountable for our compliance with this policy & the privacy legislation. You may contact our Privacy Officer by one of the following methods:
Personal Information Collected
We collect appropriate and pertinent personal information whenever you engage in one or more of the following with CLEK Staffing Services directly or through our clients or staffing services representatives. Personal information may be collected verbally or non-verbally. This information is also sent to The Staffing Edge and sometimes the claims management company (DFM Corporation) when required for purposes of WSIB claims and HR disciplinary issues.
- application for employment
- inquiry regarding employment availability
- contact with any of our staffing service representatives or the staffing service representatives of The Staffing Edge
- any communication/conversations where information is offered
Personal information may include one, some, or all of the following information about you:
- name, address, and telephone number, personal facsimile number and email address
- occupation (current and past), work history & pay history
- language preference
- date of birth (we only require to know if you are over 18 and under 65 for purposes of Canada Pension) or actual date of birth for benefits purposes or if requested by WSIB in the event of a work place injury
- social insurance number; work permit number (which are required by law at time of hire)
- banking information for direct deposit
- driver’s license number or other photo identification
- marital status only if needed for benefits application
- personal emergency contact information
- hours worked
- physical limitations and capabilities for job offered
- credentials to support training and/or education
Safeguarding Personal Information
We use your personal information for the purposes listed below. Access to your personal information is restricted to our staffing service representatives who need access to perform their work.
Use of Personal Information
Your personal information may be used for one or more of the following reasons related to providing customer service to you:
- provide employment services including references and employment confirmation
- obtain personal benefits
- provide referral to clients
- process payment by cheque or direct deposit
- provide updates and information regarding services
- follow-up to obtain your feedback on our level of service
Disclosing or Sharing Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information to any outside source. We may be required to share some or all of your personal information with third party service providers including the following:
- prospective and existing clients
- financial institutions (re: direct deposit)
- insurance companies (re: benefits)
- staffing services representatives (re: quality assessment and risk management)
- claims and HR management company (DFM Corporation)
We may also disclose your personal information when we are required or permitted to do so by law – Canada Customs, WSIB, Courts, and other government agencies.
Retention and Disposition of Personal Information
We retain your personal information for the time that we believe you are referable for employment. When there are legal requirements related to the retention period of personal information, we will comply with those requirements. Personal information will be safeguarded against unauthorized access to avoid misuse and fraudulent use.
Personal information will be disposed after the appropriate retention period using approved methods including electronic file deletion & paper shredding. A matrix is provided identifying the personal information we collect, how we use it, what may be disclosed to others, & how long we keep it. These forms (Matrix) are part of the application & your signature demonstrates your informed consent.
Your Rights to Limit Use of Personal Information
The personal information that we collect is necessary to provide you with services related to your qualifications, placement, and assigned employment. Personal information is also used to build and maintain our relationship with you to serve you better.
If you wish to limit collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer to discuss how we may honour your request and still continue to provide acceptable level of service.
Questions and Concerns